Page 1 : ASUS ZenFone Zoom Specifications & Unboxing
When we covered the launch of the ASUS ZenFone Zoom, everyone clamoured to review it. It was literally the ultimate ZenFone smartphone – with its powerful Intel Atom processor, 4 GB of RAM, 128 GB of internal storage and a 13 MP camera with 3X optical zoom, laser auto-focus and optical image stabilisation!
Unfortunately, initial stocks were limited so ASUS sent us the 5.5″ smartphone model (ZE550KL) and the 6″ phablet model (ZE601KL) of their ZenFone 2 Laser series instead. We are ecstatic to report that ASUS recently passed us a special edition of the ASUS ZenFone Zoom (ZX551ML). So we present to you our definitive review of the ASUS ZenFone Zoom (ZX551ML) smartphone!
Updated @ 2016-05-09 : Added additional information to various sections, and expanding in particular, the section on its photographic capabilities.
ASUS ZenFone Zoom Specifications
|Specifications||ASUS ZenFone Zoom (ZX551ML)|
|Operating System||Android 5.0 (Lollipop) with ASUS ZenUI 2.0|
|Display||5.5" IPS touchscreen
1080 x 1920 pixels (403 ppi pixel density)
Corning Gorilla Glass 4 protection
|Processor||Quad-core Intel Atom Z3590 (2.5 GHz)|
|Graphics Processor||PowerVR Rogue G6430 (640 MHz)|
|Memory||4 GB LPDDR3 SDRAM|
|Storage||128 GB eMCP flash memory
microSD card slot (up to 128 GB)
5 GB lifetime ASUS WebStorage
|Front Camera||5 MP sensor with f/2.0 wide-angle lens|
|Rear Camera||13 MP Panasonic SmartFSI MN34130 sensor
Hoya 28-84 mm f/2.7-4.8 lens (10-element periscope design)
3X optical zoom + 4X digital zoom
4 stops Optical Image Stabilisation (OIS)
Dual-LED, dual-tone flash
Laser auto-focus system (0.03 seconds focusing, up to 50 cm)
|Network Speed||4G LTE Cat4+ : 50 / 250 Mbps
3G HSPA+ : 5.76 / 42 Mbps
|SIM Support||Single micro SIM card|
|Connectivity||WiFi : 802.11a/b/g/n/ac
Bluetooth v4.0 + EDR
NFC, micro-USB 2.0
|GPS||GPS / GLONASS / QZSS / SBAS / BDS|
|Battery||3000 mAh lithium polymer (non-removable)|
|Other Sensors||Accelerator, E-Compass, Gyroscope, Proximity, Ambient Light, Hall sensor|
|Dimensions||78.8 mm wide x 158.9 mm tall x 11.95 mm thick
3.10" wide x 6.26" tall x 0.47" thick
|Weight||185 g / 6.53 oz (with battery)|
|Available Colours||Pure Black / Ceramic White|
Unboxing The ZenFone Zoom
Our ASUS ZenFone Zoom [Lowest Price] came in a special edition box set, so it’s much larger than what you would see in a retail store. When you open up the box, you will find a welcome note printed on heavy cardboard. Very classy. Underneath, you will find the actual ASUS ZenFone Zoom box, a box of Zencredible Photocards and a Zenny figurine nestled in foam cutouts.
- One ASUS ZenFone Zoom (ZX551ML) smartphone wrapped in plastic
- One ASUS ZenFone Zoom leather strap
- One 18W ASUS fast charger with power plug adapter and micro-USB cable
- One set of Zencredible Photocards – the ASUS’ version of Cards Against Humanity (Special Edition box set only)
- One Zenny figurine (Special Edition box set only)
- One pair of ASUS ZenEar earphones with four spare earbuds
- One set of User Manual, Warranty Card and strip of 3 IMEI stickers
Note that the Special Edition box only come with two extra items – the Zenny figurine and the Zencredible Photocards.
In the next page, we are going to take a close look at the ASUS ZenFone Zoom [Amazon] and set it up!
Next Page > The ZenFone Zoom, Premium Finish, Fast Charger
Support Tech ARP!
- 1. Page 1 : ASUS ZenFone Zoom Specifications & Unboxing
- 2. Page 2 : The ZenFone Zoom, Premium Finish, Fast Charger
- 3. Page 3 : Inside The ZenFone Zoom, Mono Speaker & ZenEar, Setting Up The ZenFone Zoom
- 4. Page 4 : Available Memory & Storage, Camera Capabilities & Options
- 5. Page 5 : Camera Performance - Image Quality & Laser Focusing
- 6. Page 6 : Camera Performance - Zoom & Video Recording
- 7. Page 7 : Work Performance, Battery Life, Battery Recharging Speed
- 8. Page 8 : Overall Performance, Gaming Performance, Our Verdict & Award