On 22 June 2017, Logitech invited us to an exclusive live demo of the new Logitech MeetUp premier ConferenceCam conducted across four different countries. We were also given the opportunity for some hands-on time with the Logitech MeetUp. Join us for this exclusive live demo session, and check out our hands-on look, of this new ConferenceCam designed for small conference rooms or huddle rooms.
The Logitech MeetUp Live Demo
Unlike typical press conferences and tech briefings, Logitech conducted this live demo of Logitech MeetUp across four different countries to showcase its abilities. Note that they were not conducted in 4K resolution (more on this later), due to software and bandwidth limitations.
Here are the Logitech MeetUp’s key features :
- Super-Wide 120° Field of View: MeetUp offers the widest field of view of any Logitech video conferencing solution, without any fisheye lens distortion. This allows everyone in the room to be seen on-screen, even those close to the camera or seated at the edges of the room.
- 3-Microphones and Custom-Tuned Speaker: Three broadside beamforming, omnidirectional microphones with noise and echo cancellation – plus a custom-tuned speaker – are specifically optimized for voice clarity in small conference rooms. The microphones are Microsoft Cortana-certified for voice command precision with any Windows 10 system. An optional expansion microphone increases conversational radius even further in larger rooms.
- All-In-One Design: MeetUp’s compact, all-in-one form factor saves space and minimizes cable clutter.
- Razor-Sharp Optics: Advanced Logitech lens technology delivers remarkable, distortion-free video quality with superb resolution, speed, fluidity, color balance, and detail.
- Motorized Pan/Tilt with Optical Zoom: The motorized lens smoothly pans and tilts, expanding the total field of view to 170° by 105°, while a 5X optical zoom lets you focus on participants and whiteboards with razor-sharp clarity.
- RF Remote Control: MeetUp’s paired remote control lets you adjust audio and camera settings from anywhere in the room, even without line-of-sight.
- Ultra HD 4K Image Sensor: Supports multiple resolutions, including 4K (Ultra HD), 1080p (Full HD) and 720p (HD) to best support the quality offered by your application and monitor.
The Logitech MeetUp Hands-On Look
The Logitech MeetUp is a compact all-in-one video conferencing solution. It combines an ultra-wide camera with three beam-forming microphones and a voice-optimised speaker. In addition, the camera has motorised pan and tilt capabilities, and even 5X optical zoom.
The Logitech MeetUp is designed for huddle rooms. In larger conference rooms, you can attach an expansion microphone for greater reach. Its remote control uses radio-frequency, instead of infra-red, allowing you to control it even without line-of-sight.
There are some caveats we must point out though :
- The Logitech MeetUp is a hardware solution, and does not come with any video conferencing software. You are free to use any video conferencing service like Skype or WebEx,
- MeetUp requires additional hardware to operate, specifically a host PC. You can hook it up to a desktop, a laptop or even a NUC.
- Logitech MeetUp has an Ultra HD 4K-capable camera for future-proofing. That capability requires a video conferencing service that is 4K capable, and a USB 3.0 cable. MeetUp currently ships only with a USB 2.0 cable, and is therefore not capable of supporting 4K video streaming.
- The external microphone port is proprietary and can only be used with the official MeetUp external microphone.
Price & Availability
The Logitech MeetUp will be available for sale in late July 2017 at the following prices (for ASEAN countries) :
- Singapore : SGD 1,529 for MeetUp, and SGD 375 for the optional external microphone
- Thailand : THB 37,900 for MeetUp, and THB 9,199 for the optional external microphone
- Malaysia : MYR 4,799 for MeetUp, and MYR 1,169 for the optional external microphone
- Philippines : PHP 56,500 for MeetUp, and PHP 13,500 for the optional external microphone
You can also buy it from Amazon at US$ 899 for MeetUp, and US$ 1,079 for MeetUp with the optional external microphone.